EURASHE - European Association of Institutions in Higher Education
The European Association of Institutions in Higher Education - EURASHE - is a consultative member of the Bologna Follow-Up Group.
The European Association of Institutions in Higher Education (EURASHE) mission is to promote, within the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), the interests of professional higher education and of relevant higher education institutions that are recognised or financed by the public authorities of a EHEA member country.
The aims of EURASHE are:
- to contribute to the creation of a European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and European Research Area (ERA) by influencing policy-making at European level on issues pertaining to professional higher education;
- to represent the members’ common interests at European level, as well as outside the EHEA;
- to promote professional higher education in the EHEA and ERA;
- to provide members with a platform for communication, information and exchange of views, with a focus on issues relevant to the future development of higher education;
- to ensure and safeguard the cooperation between the members of the Association;
- to achieve cooperation in the field of higher education by establishing close links with other organisations that have similar objectives.
To achieve its aims, EURASHE deploys activities such as:
- membership representation, notably towards European institutions, authorities and stakeholders;
- production of policy papers, analytical studies and other documents;
- organisation of networking activities, learning events, conferences and seminars for the members and partners;
- dissemination of information;
- partnership with stakeholder organisations in higher education;
- involvement in projects.
Published: 03/05/2016 - Last modified: 03/10/2016