Work programme 2009-2012
Working Group on Transparency Tools 2009-2012 - meeting 2
Second meeting of the 2009-2012 BFUG Working Group on Multidimensional Transparency Tools - Towards a transparent landscape of European Higher Education.
The main topics on the agenda consisted of updates from the WG members, on the recent developments, a presentation of the conclusions of the Directors General in Higher Education meeting, that took place in Namur, Belgium, on September 13-14th, 2010, and discussions on the forthcoming meetings of the Working Group and brainstorming on the thematic area within the BFUG.
The next meeting of the Transparency Tools WG will take place in March 2011, in Brussels.
Adoption of the minutes from the November 11th, 2009, meeting
Recent developments - updates from members of the Working Group
- ESU: a project on information provision for students, desk research and survey. Broader look at what info is provided for students, its relevance, its usage. Also looking at youth outside university.
- EUA: independent study Jan this year, enhance transparency on rankings to members. In depth analysis of current rankings. Seminar on it May next year.
- Croatia: UNICA established a group for research evaluation.
- EC: Update on U-multirank - presentation in a conference in the begining of the summer.
- ENQA: E4 Map ESG, evaluation of the 3 parts of the ESG.
- Italy: very useful to have the updates sent to the members.
- Ranking of rankings. Criteria - transparency of the rankings.
- EI: Global Higher Education calls for going inside the rankings systems - ranking is not connected to change, yet they influence HEI's.
Presentation of the conclusions of the meeting of the Directors General in Higher Education, September 13-14th, Namur, Belgium
Structure of the final report
Forthcoming meetings of the Working Group
Expert input followed by discussions
Brainstorming on the thematic discussion within the BFUG (mini-seminar)
Modus operandi - the website page of the WG on ehea.info
Any other business