Work programme 2009-2012
Bologna Ireland Conference - Placing Bologna in Context
Stakeholders from the worlds of education, business and policy-making gathered in Dublin on the 14th and 15th October, 2010 for a Bologna-Ireland conference on the theme of Placing Bologna in Context.
The Higher Education Authority in Ireland acts as the national agency/contact point for a number of European initiatives including the Bologna Process. The conference will mark the first decade of the Bologna Process but will give priority to identifying issues that need to be addressed in the next decade.
The Placing Bologna in Context conference was held against backdrop of economic crisis.
This reality shaped the Conference discussions and informed its outcomes, which addressed important general principles about education and mobility to practical learning points on promoting international partnerships; encouraging student mobility; and developing innovative thinking in business and education. The key points that emerged over the course of the two day event are detailed in the report:
- Overarching Themes
- Active Citizenship - The Role of the Arts
- Building International Education Partnerships and Supporting Youth Mobility
- Developing Innovation and Enhancing the Employability of Graduates
- Integrating Study Abroad into the Curriculum
- The Role of Education in tackling the Recession