Work programme 2009-2012
Quality Assurance - A National Bologna Process Seminar
The European Union Programmes Agency organized a national seminar on quality assurance in the context of the Lifelong Learning Programme.
Amongst the concluding remarks the following points were considered as the most relevant:
- The importance of ECTS and Learning outcomes in the promotion of quality assurance for both further and higher education institutions;
- The transparency of properly written learning outcomes should result in employability for the students, even through the provision of diploma supplements;
- University degrees must be recognized across Europe and internationally;
- In the context of high unemployment, there needs to be a link between learning outcomes, and employability;
- Higher education systems have to be quality assured and everything needs to be put into context.
The seminar report is available Quality Assurance - A National Bologna Process Seminar - Report
Name of the person attending the event:
Dr. James Calleja, BFUG Coordinator
Dr. Anthony J. Vickers