Work programme 2009-2012
The Social Dimension of Higher Education
The Consortium UNICA – Brussels Education Services oagranized a seminar on The Social Dimension of Higher Education: Building Excellence and Equity.
Local organisers are the University of Cyprus and The European Office Cyprus.
The seminar is part of a Joint Service Contract signed with the European Commission: Directorate-General for Education and Culture (DG EAC) and the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency
Purpose /envisaged outcome
The seminar is a training seminar for Bologna and Higher Education Experts from Tempus partner countries.
The general outcomes of the whole project are:
- General, perceptible awareness-raising about higher education reform and in particular the Bologna Process amongst stakeholders in the EU Member States, the EEA countries and Tempus partner countries.
- Maintaining mechanisms of information, communication and coordination ensuring a smooth functioning of the National Teams of Bologna Experts and of the Higher Education Reform Experts (Tempus partner countries).
- Reinforcing networking facilities between all experts.
More specifically the main topic of the Nicosia seminar will deal with the “Social Dimension of Higher Education”, four subtopics will be addressed in discussion groups:
- Targeted Recruitment Campaigns (info & social inclusion policies)
- Widening Access (through flexible learning paths & funding mechanisms)
- Recognition of Prior Learning and Informal Learning
- Community Engagement
Bologna and Higher Education Experts from Tempus partner countries.