Work programme 2009-2012
The 21st century doctorate: sharing European developments
QAA Scotland, in collaboration with the Scottish Government, is holding an International Bologna Seminar on research degrees.
The event will provide an opportunity for participants to share and explore the different practices and developments in doctoral programmes and research student experiences across Europe, which relate to the key issues around research in higher education as identified in the Leuven Communiqué. It will also address topics which are emerging around the significance of the third cycle in the Bologna process, particularly those identified in Trends 2010.
In particular, the event will focus on:
- The mobility of postgraduate research students
- Interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral research programmes
- Innovation and creativity in doctoral programmes and provision
- Collaboration across Europe
- Skills training and career development for research degree students
- Graduate schools