Work programme 2009-2012
Recognition of Prior Learning Network 2009-2012 - meeting 2
Second meeting of the Recognition of Prior Learning Network 2009-2012.
The network met in a workshop on 23rd June in Glasgow with the following outcomes:
- Sharing practice was reconfirmed as the primary purposes of the Network. The Steering Group would be responsible for bringing together the updates on RPL actvity and matching members with similar interests and issues
- The Network should help stimulate RPL national networks by expanding membership to include all those who wish to join and not just those nominated by BFUG representatives
- Given that case studies had already been collected and the idea for sifting through these to come up with models of RPL mooted, it was suggested that a document could be produced that could record all this activity and that then could be used to promote the Network (and RPL) with other countries not participating at present. Care would have to be taken to ensure that the document did not overlap with existing CEDEFOP work
- It was agreed that a Linked-In Group or similar should be set-up to facilitate discussion in between physical meetings.
Survey on Updates, issues and expertise
Learning through experience: developing international & regional research agenda
This event is the first in a series of International Symposium organised by the Centre for research in lifelong learning on global themes of lifelong learning. The aim of the series is to provide the Lifelong Learning community with opportunities to:
- Network and hear from leading international experts across a range of lifelong learning issues
- Shape the development of new and existing fields of knowledge, methods and practices
- Engage in knowledge exchange through seminars, workshops and other forms of interactions