International openness 2009-2012
EHEA Information and Promotion Network (IPN) 2009-2012
At their meeting in Leuven / Louvain-la-Neuve, the Ministers asked the Bologna Follow-Up Group (BFUG) to set up a network, making optimal use of existing structures, for better information on and promotion of the Bologna Process outside the EHEA.
Purpose and/or outcome
- Provision of clear and consistent information on the Bologna Process and the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) in countries outside the EHEA.
- Enhancing the international promotion of the European Higher Education Area.
- Putting the promotion of national higher education systems in a European context.
- Develop an overview of existing initiatives/activities by all members of the network in the field of promotion of national higher education systems & the EHEA (state of the art);
- Support the Bologna Secretariat and the Working group “International Openness: European Higher Education in a Global Context” regarding the further development of specific information material (to be used e.g. at international fairs and visits) and of the EHEA Website for a global audience.
- Design measures to enhance the promotion of the EHEA and of national higher education systems as part of the EHEA.
- Foster the exchange of good practice and know-how as well as peer learning in the field of national-level promotion of higher education in a European context.
- Advise/support the Working Group “International Openness: European Higher Education in a Global Context” in convening a round table (with the participation of the European Commission and other main actors in higher education promotion in Europe) to devise a “road map” and to identify opportunities and actions for enhancing European-level promotion.
Marketing the EHEA
Report on survey results of survey carried out by DAAD for IPN Working Group 1.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) undertook a survey on behalf of the Information and Promotion Network (IPN) Working Group 1 that mapped higher education promotion and / or marketing initiatives developed by both national agencies and higher education institutions (HEIs) across the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) in late fall 2010. The objective was to take a snapshot of what activities were being undertaken, who was involved in higher education promotion, what tools were being used, and if any higher education promotion was being done that related specifically to the EHEA.
Report prepared for IPN meeting in Brussels in March 2011 by Irene Jansen and Megan Brenn‐White
- Overview of Current Marketing Initiatives by Higher Education Institutions (HEI) and National Agencies Within the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), Focusing on Marketing the EHEA
Presentation of the survey results at the IPN meeting in Brussels, 11 March 2011.
- Survey on EHEA promotion and marketing activities - Results and recommandations
- Executive Summary IPN Survey Report - version 11.03.2011