Work programme 2012-2015
Bologna Follow-Up Group meeting XXXIX
The thirty-ninth meeting of the Bologna Follow-up Group was held in Athens, 9-10 April 2014.
On 9-10 April 2014 the Bologna Follow-Up Group (BFUG) meeting brought together more than 80 BFUG members representing 40 countries, the European Commission, 6 consultative member organisations and Bologna partners in Athens, Greece.
The meeting marked the launch of a dialogue on the future of the Bologna Process. Among other important issues, the BFUG had a chance to comment on the draft proposals for the revised European Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the EHEA and the European Approach for Accreditation of Joint Degrees. The BFUG also endorsed the programme of activities of peer learning and review initiative.
Finally, a thematic session on Financing of Higher Education took place, which enabled Croatia and Ireland to receive feedback on the newly introduced higher education financing reforms in their respective countries. During the session the European Commission presented the emerging findings on the impact of different modes of cost sharing on higher education institutions and students.
1. Information by the Chairs (Greece and Kazakhstan)
2. Adoption of the draft agenda
3. Taking note of the draft minutes of the BFUG Board meeting, Astana, 12 February 2014 and adoption of the draft outcome of proceedings of the BFUG meeting, Vilnius, 7-8 November 2013
4. Information on the outcomes of the Co-Chairs Coordination meeting on 8 April 2014
5. Launching a dialogue on the future of the Bologna Process
6. Reports from the Chairs of the WGs: Reporting on the Bologna Process Implementation, Structural Reforms, Social Dimension and Lifelong Learning (including PL4SD update), Mobility and Internationalisation
7. Update on the Pathfinder group on automatic recognition
8. Proposal for the Revised version of the European Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the EHEA
9. Revised version of the proposal for the European Approach for Accreditation of Joint Degrees
10. Update on the preparation of the Ministerial Conference and the Fourth Bologna Policy Forum in Yerevan in 2015
11. Thematic session on Financing
12. Draft work programme of activities of peer learning and peer review initiative
13. Selection of observers from the BFUG to the EQAR Register Committee
14. Updates from the EC, consultative members, EQAR (written contributions only)
15. Next BFUG meeting, Italy and next BFUG Board meeting, Holy See
16. Any other business