Work programme 2015-2018
Advisory Group on EHEA international cooperation 2015-2018
The advisory group on “EHEA international cooperation” advices the Bologna Follow-Up Group (BFUG). It includes the Bologna policy forum in order to enhance the international dimension and prepare the 5th Bologna policy forum.
Terms of reference
The Advisory Group on EHEA international cooperation aims to enhance the international dimension of the EHEA, carrying out a strategic cooperation with non-EHEA members and, as well, define the scope of the next Bologna Policy Forum in connection with the Ministerial conference in 2018.
The Yerevan Communiqué states that
the EHEA has a key role to play in addressing these challenges and maximizing these opportunities through European collaboration and exchange, by pursuing common goals and in dialogue with partners around the globe. We must renew our original vision and consolidate the EHEA structure.
During the next three years and in this context, the advisory group will have
- to identify the weaknesses and the strength of the four previous Bologna policy Forums and draw a sustainable approach for the Bologna policy forum in general;
- to identify the different regions and specific issues to cooperate with and to work out an agenda;
- to develop policy dialogues with the different regions of the world identified;
- to organise brainstorming and relevant proactive actions to define a vision and action plan for the next Bologna policy forum in 2018;
- to organise events or participate at relevant events proposed by other stakeholders in and outside the EHEA.
Update of the work
Report at BFUG Meeting 50 in Amsterdam, March 2016
Report at BFUG Meeting 52 in Bratislava, December 2016
- 26/04/2017 WG Monitoring 2015-2018 Riga, Latvia - Working Group meeting
- 27/03/2017 AG Revision of Diploma Supplement 2015-2018 Brussels, Belgium - Advisory Group meeting
- 07/06/2017 AG Non-implementation 2015-2018 Strasbourg, France - Advisory Group meeting
- 22/03/2017 Mainstreaming Social Dimension in the EHEA Linz, Austria - Other relevant event
- 12/06/2017 - 13/06/2017 Conference on Refugees impact on Bologna reform Malmö, Sweden - Other relevant event
Advisory Group Meetings
- Paris, 12 January 2016: brainstorming and general decisions taken
- London, 18 May 2016: regional focus to be defined
- Meeting of the Bologna Policy Forum "Task Force", Brussels 20 July 2016
- Nizhny Novgorod, 14 October 2016
- Alcalá de Henares, 30-31 January 2017
Participation to international or regional meetings
- 15th IAU General conference, Bangkok 16-18 November 2016
The EHEA and ASEM: Creating Regions of Higher Education
An article of interest from GlobalHigherEd > Inside Higher Ed written after the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Education Process and European Higher Education Area (EHEA) ministerial meetings in April and May 2015:
Que Anh Dang is a Marie Curie Doctoral Research Fellow at the University of Bristol, UK.
In her article, she compares the two higher education regions in terms of Economic Integration Heralds Educational Regionalisation and Higher Education and Region-Making Projects. She wondered if ASEM is an extension of the EHEA or a new education area.
She concludes her article on the strong impact of the EHEA on other regional initiatives, especially in Asia.