Work programme 2015-2018
Advisory Group on Dealing with non-implementation 2015-2018 - meeting 1
First meeting of the Advisory Group on Dealing with non-implementation.
The meeting focused on two main areas of activity, reflected in the two working papers produced for BFUG 50 Amsterdam March 2016:
- Identifying a limited number of measurable commitments that form the foundation of the EHEA;
- and plan for our work in the period until the next ministerial meeting in Paris 2018.
At this meeting AG3 identified the following three key commitments for EHEA member countries:
- A Three-Cycle System compatible with the QF-EHEA and scaled by ECTS: Programmes are structured according to the three cycle-system of the Bologna model and scaled by the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). Qualifications achieved in each cycle are defined in a National Qualification Framework (NQF) which is compatible with the Qualification Framework of the Eu- ropean Higher Education Area (QF-EHEA)
- Compliance with the Lisbon Recognition Convention (LRC): Cross-border recognition practices are in compliance with the Lisbon Recognition convention, including promoting through the na- tional information centres or otherwise, the use of the UNESCO/Council of Europe Diploma Sup- plement or any other comparable document by the higher education institutions of the Parties
- Quality Assurance in conformity with European Standards and Guidelines (ESG): Institutions granting degrees assure the quality of their programmes leading to degrees within the three-cycle system following the European Standards and Guidelines (ESG 2015). External quality assur- ance (be it at programme or institutional level) is performed by Agencies that have demonstrably complied with the standards and guidelines stipulated in the current ESG. This is best ensured where only those agencies registered on the European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR) are allowed to operate in the country.
The Advisory group on Dealing with non-implementation is mandated to submit proposals for addressing the issue of non-implementation and incorrect implementation of key commitments (how to implement them best by respecting and reflecting the EHEA instruments and the EHEA culture).