Work programme 2015-2018
Conference on the Modernisation of Higher Education in Greece: Society, Economy, Democratisation
The Hellenic Ministry of Education, Research & Religious Affairs organizes a conference on "Modernisation of Higher Education in Greece: Society, Economy, Democratisation" to be held on Friday, 7th October 2016 in Athens.
The conference "Modernisation of Higher Education in Greece: Society, Economy, Democratisation" is the final action of the project "Modernisation of Higher Education in Greece - MoHE" (Key Action3, Call: EACEA/20/2014).
The conference is expected to attract a diverse audience with experience in the thematic priorities of the conference.
- Accommodation and travel expenses will only be covered for the appointed speakers and participants
- Seats will be limited
Modernisation of Higher Education in Greece
The Bologna Process aims at promoting the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), in order to foster international competitiveness of European higher education in the globalized world economy and knowledge society and to strengthen effective linkages among higher education systems, the contemporary needs of the society and the labor market in Europe making these systems more relevant. What is more, it aims at furthering the attainment of compatibility among national systems under common frameworks that the EHEA defines. This does not mean identical national systems rather than the configuration of terms and conditions that will enable comparability.
Under the Erasmus + programme, and specifically the EACEA Call/20/2014 “Support to the Implementation of EHEA reforms”, the Ministry of Education, Research & Religious Affairs in cooperation with the State Scholarship Foundation (IKY) submitted its Proposal “Modernisation of Higher Education in Greece (MOHE) – 391056-EPP-1-2014-1-GR-EPPKA3-BOLOGNA” and was selected for implementation. The Proposal is expected to finalise on 31 October 2016.
MOHE aims at conducting research on the current state of implementation of the EHEA principles in Greece and the promotion of thses principles mainly highlighting the following:
- Ensuring the effective and harmonised use of Recognition tools (Learning Outcomes, ECTS, DS) among all the Hellenic Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)
- The current state of the Hellenic HEIs in facing global challenges in an international environment – the strengthening of cooperation between them, with foreign HEIs and their cooperation with research centers
- The link between study and research programmes with the labour market.
- 14/09/2017 - 15/09/2017 AG Revision of Diploma Supplement 2015-2018 Tirana, Albania - Advisory Group meeting
- 24/10/2017 WG Monitoring 2015-2018 Brussels, Belgium - Working Group meeting
- 05/09/2017 WG New Goals 2015-2018 Brussels, Belgium - Working Group meeting
- 26/09/2017 BFUG Board 55 Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation - BFUG Board meeting
This conference is part of the working group Fostering implementation of agreed key commitments activities.