Work programme 2015-2018
International Conference on Public participation in Higher Education modernization
The International Conference on Public participation in Higher Education modernization: civil society role in the implementation of the Roadmap for higher education reform in Belarus is organized by Belarusian Independent Bologna Committee (Belarus), Agency for Social and Political Expertise (Lithuania), Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum and its Belarusian National Platform, Center for European Transformation (Belarus), International Consortium EuroBelarus in partnership with the Office for people with disabilities rights (Belarus).
The main goal of the International Conference on “Public participation in Higher Education modernization: civil society role in the implementation of the Roadmap for higher education reform in Belarus” is to give a start to strategy development on how implement the Roadmap and bring Belarusian higher education to European values and standards. The conference will focus on the Roadmap implementation, stakeholders’ participation in this process and its impact on the Belarusian higher education development, structural changes and adherence to Bologna fundamental values.
Working languages of the Conference: Belarusian, Russian, English.
Tentative Program of the Conference
September 23, 2016
Keynote speach: Professor Jan Sadlak, President of the IREG Observatory on Academic Ranking and Excellence. Dr. Sadlak is an internationally recognized and cited expert in higher education policy, governance and management at the system and institutional level.
The conference will host a number of panel discussions:
- Structural reforms in higher education
- Higher Education and labor market
- Social dimension and fundamental academic values
September 24, 2016
International round table “Bologna process and higher education reforms in Eastern Partnership countries: success/failure stories”.
The main goal of this round table is to share the expertise and knowledge on Bologna aquis implementation in Eastern Partnership countries, which will enable its Belarusian counterpart to proceed with Belarus Roadmap for Higher Education Reform implementation more effectively. We also believe that other countries experience will provide us with strategy and policy support at governmental, professional and societal levels.
- 26/04/2017 WG Monitoring 2015-2018 Riga, Latvia - Working Group meeting
- 27/03/2017 AG Revision of Diploma Supplement 2015-2018 Brussels, Belgium - Advisory Group meeting
- 07/06/2017 AG Non-implementation 2015-2018 Strasbourg, France - Advisory Group meeting
- 22/03/2017 Mainstreaming Social Dimension in the EHEA Linz, Austria - Other relevant event
- 12/06/2017 - 13/06/2017 Conference on Refugees impact on Bologna reform Malmö, Sweden - Other relevant event
This conference is part of the Support for the Belarus roadmap Advisory Group activities.