Work programme 2015-2018
A reversed peer review on quality assurance in higher education
This reversed peer review on Quality Assurance in Higher Education took place at Ghent University Het Pand.
This event is based on the WG Implementation - Concept note: Reversed peer review.
Quality assurance is a key structural reform in the EHEA as it has been expressed in the recent Yerevan Communiqué. As indicated on the The European Higher Education Area in 2015: Bologna Process Implementation Report quality assurance and its implementation have many different dimensions and are characterized by a large diversity.
The reversed peer review is designed to give an opportunity to all participating countries to:
- Open a dialogue on policy "learning" and share experience on implementation of the Bologna policy and related instruments in specific contexts.
- Employ reversed peer review as a tool to support knowledge transfer.
- Identify best practices to come up with recommendations to tackle specific challenges in implementation.
Day 1: 14 December 2016
9:00-9:15: introduction to the initiative
9:15-9:40: QA system in Portugal Madalena Fonseca
9:40-10:10: implementation of IQAS and the views of academics on QA: Maria Joao Rosa
10:30-11:45: Q&A regarding the Portuguese system
11:45-12:15: presentation of the Flemish QA system: Axel Aerden and Pieter Caris
13:00-13:45 meeting with the institutional leaders University of Ghent:
- Prof. Ilse De Bourdeaudhuij, Director Education Policy department
- Prof. Kristiaan Versluys, emeritus director Education Policy Department
- Luc Van de Poele, Head of QA
13:45-14:30 : short introductory presentations by the participating countries
14:30-15:30: meeting with the academics, programme directors and departmental quality assurance officers
- Prof. Yves Jorens, Faculty of Law Education director
- Prof Lieve Bradt, member of the QA Board
- Prof. Kristiane Van Lierde, chair programme committee of Logopedy and Audiology
- Prof. Bart Devresse, chair programme committee of Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Prof. Jan Ryckebusch, chair programme committee Physics and Astronomy
15:45-16:30 meeting with the students
16:30-17:15: presentation of the QA system of the French Community of Belgium by AEQES:
- Yoneko Nurtantio (tbc)
17:15-17:30: Closing first day
Day 2: 15 December 2016
9:00-10:15: Q&A The QA system of the French Speaking Community AEQES
- Yoneko Nurtantio
10:30-12:15: presentation of the IQAS system of the Artevelde University College and Q&A Artevelde University College:
- Jan Van Hee
- Vera Pletincx
12:30: concluding session
- 22/03/2017 Mainstreaming Social Dimension in the EHEA Linz, Austria - Other relevant event
- 12/06/2017 - 13/06/2017 Conference on Refugees impact on Bologna reform Malmö, Sweden - Other relevant event
- 20/03/2017 - 21/03/2017 WG Implementation 2015-2018 Vienna, Austria - Working Group meeting
- 26/04/2017 WG Monitoring 2015-2018 Riga, Latvia - Working Group meeting
- 27/03/2017 AG Revision of Diploma Supplement 2015-2018 Brussels, Belgium - Advisory Group meeting
This event is part of the working group Fostering implementation of agreed key commitments activities.